Saturday, May 24, 2014

This week in the bakery… we break for Ballymaloe



This week we were absent from the Dublin Food Co-op as we took to the open road and headed to East Cork for Ballymaloe Litfest
The weekend was pure delicious inspiration. I attended as a volunteer, which meant me checking tickets at the door for a couple of talks each day. 



Let's talk about René Redzepi of Noma. He was the first celebrity speaker, at the very first talk of the event. I had 2 jobs. Just 2 jobs. Job #1 check guests' tickets. Job #2 ring the dainty bell 10 minutes before the scheduled end of the talk. And so that's what I did. I asked everyone who crossed the threshold for their ticket, like the nerd that I am. Mr. René Redzepi (otherwise known as the head chef of the best restaurant 5 out of the past 6 years) was none too impressed with me when I asked for his ticket to enter his own talk.


And to make matters worse, that dainty bell, never chimed before the moment I picked it up, was the LOUDEST DANG BELL THAT EVER RANG. At least he laughed. On the stage. Mid-sentence. In front of 300 people. Who all turned to look at me.



Luckily he accepted my apologies. I had 2 jobs...


When I was done wrecking René Redzepi's day, I was then free to attend any and all talks on the schedule
And catch up with friends 





We were even on the jumbo-tron 
This was a magical bar filled with magical beverages
There were fantastic food stalls  
Have you heard of a pickle back? A shot of whiskey chased with a shot of pickle juice. I'm bringing pickle back


Thanks to Marion Agogue for sharing all of these pictures.

Twitter: @carynascakes
Facebook: Caryna's Cakes
Phone: 086 0703425
Address: Terenure Enterprise Centre, 
17 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, 

Dublin 6w, Ireland



No comments:

Post a Comment